Monday, November 10, 2008

People actually read what I write??




Well. Who'd have thought? I've been writing this Blog to get all my thoughts out of my head (kinda like my old journals) and also because I get the impression that the loved ones in my life don't particularly appreciate my commentary about all this monotony (who needs to be reminded about it?). So the Blog began as something for me. Turns out other people read it too. How cool is that? I logged on this morning to discover that I won a blogging award! One of my favorite bloggers - the one and only 34b cup nominated yours truly for the Superior Scribbler Award! Very cool - thank you B cup! It's kind of a "pay it forward" kind of award. Once you receive it, you have to nominate 5 other Blogs that you love to read. So here are my picks for the Superior Scribbler Award (now I have to 'fess up to reading them, I usually just like to lurk out there in cyberspace - oh well!)hopefully this chain of awesomeness won't be broken by any of my picks!


1. Losing My Mind - written by a smart-alec mom of 4 adopted kids (I feel like I need to tell you they're adopted because one has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and I wouldn't want you to think that the author would drink while incubating!!) This blog makes me thank God every day for my 2 healthy (but sometimes challenging nonetheless) kids.


2. matt, liz and madeline I learned about this one in my local newspaper several months ago. Start at the beginning in his archives, settle in with a box of tissues and read from start to finish. It's an amazing story about a new dad who, through heartbreaking circumstances, finds himself a single parent to his premature daughter. Did I mention it's amazing? It is.


3. The Big Picture written by the daughter of one of my mom's cousins (does that make me her 2nd or 3rd cousin? - that's beside the point). Another heartbreaking blog about loss. This time the loss of a child in an awful household accident. My warning to everyone here is that the author is not shy about sharing her Faith (if that kind of thing turns you off).


Wow! I'm really sorry for being Debbie Downer here, but they really are great blogs to read and I guess reading each one makes me appreciate my family, however nutty a day I happen to be having or how pissed off I am at my husband. They're here and healthy - quit bitching (directed at myself, of course)!


All right - let's lighten the mood a bit here, shall we??
4. Cake Wrecks a guilty pleasure - it's hilarious. I really know nothing else about it other than it's about good cakes gone bad - decorating that is. Funny stuff. My favorite is the Happy Birthday Death & Libby cake (was supposed to be 'Beth & Libby' - oops!
5. The Hussy Housewife an oh-so funny mom in Idaho blogging about the mundane with a TON of humor. Her blog says "my Suburban can run over your mini-van... and it will. " While I do drive a mini-van (get off my back!) I didn't take offense because I tend to drive like a bat out of hell (plus - she lives in Idaho - nowhere near my 'burb).
and to every good - there are rules to follow...

1. Post the award on your blog

2. Link me for giving it to you

3. Link the originating post here

4. Pass the award on to 5 more deserving people

5. Post these rules for your recipients
So again, THANK YOU B Cup! You made my day. Everyone else - check out the above blogs - you're not really working anyway, are you??


1 comment:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

You are so very welcome! Isn't this fun?!?