Sunday, November 2, 2008

Leaves EVERYWHERE!

I love Fall, just not in my house. The kids & the husband have spent the last many days raking up huge piles of leaves in the yard (to jump in, not bag up). I have to say this is always one of my favorite things to do too (jump in leaves, not rake them). So what's the problem? There are leaves ALL over the house that have been tracked in on socks, in hair... you get the picture. Normally I would not obsess about this because, while I like to think my house is basically clean, it's not Martha Stewart clean and I can take a little mess. When the mess gets to the point that I can't take it anymore, I would normally just clean it up but it's bugging me right now because I can't vacuum and I have to rely on my husband to take care of it. Stop laughing, really. He's a really good guy, just not very intuitive. So I asked him to vacuum last WEDNESDAY. Finally, yesterday I got really bitchy and TOLD him to vacuum. He did - one hour before we had 3 adults and 7 kids over for an outdoor dinner/bonfire. I'm guessing you can figure out what the house looks like today for yourself. Except it's actually worse now. I found leaves in all 3 bathroom sinks, in the kid's rooms, in my room, EVERYWHERE. The best part about it is that HE's gone hunting today and I get to sit in the house and look at the leaves everywhere. Or maybe not - maybe I'll go out all day just so I can stop obsessing!

1 comment:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

Uhg. I say sign yourself up for a Merry Maid and call it a day.