Monday, December 8, 2008

What a weekend, and NO you may not see the photos.

Well. Saturday and Sunday were so very fun. So, so very fun. I wish I could share some photos with you, but I think the subjects of the photos might disown me. Instead, I'll tell you all about the 2nd annual "Ladies Luncheon weekend."
The Ladies Luncheon was always a not-so looked forward to tradition in my friends' (yes, there are 2 of them, and yes they are related) family. All the ladies in the family would gather for lunch one Saturday in December and gab, eat, exchange a gift (the only good ones were the ones my 2 friends brought), but NO cocktails were involved. After my friends mom passed away, she felt the need to become the organizer and spent a lot of time and effort trying to get her dysFUNctional family together to carry on this tradition. Despite her best intentions, it dwindled away (and Really, is that such a bad thing?).
Enter the New and Improved Ladies Luncheon: My 2 friends (also known as my "peeps") and I (an honorary family member) gather for a weekend of shopping, eating, drinking, laughing, drinking, hanging with the locals in local bars, and generally cuttin' loose. As far as I'm concerned, this is a much more fun tradition.
This year we ventured to Albertville and stayed at the lovely Country Inn & Suites (the ONLY hotel in town - but it was clean!) and hung out at some places downtown. I can't remember the name of the 1st place we patronized ($5 all you can drink tap beer), but we wandered down the block a bit and dined at "the 152". The owner, "Debbie" was so awesome! While it was only about 7:30pm, she was closing down the kitchen for the night because the local snowmobile club was taking over with a fundraiser that included sloppy joes (I KNOW!). She very graciously fired up her fryers to serve us up some good, greasy bar food. She even threw in a free order of deep fried green beans (they're awesome!) because she was hungry for them. Then she kept popping back to our table to snack with us. She was hilarious! The food was great (but they do need to get some homemade sauces/dips cookin') so if you're ever at the outlet mall in Albertville, stop in to the 152 and say hi to Debbie for us.
Well, it was 9:30pm before we knew it. I was just getting ready to ramp up the fun but the other girls (one in particular) were a little over-served, so back to the hotel we went. I was in the bathroom for maybe 5 minutes (I was washing off my make-up!) and when I came out, one friend was sleeping already! And the other was "sleeping" too. If you can call laying face down in the middle of the bed with your pants half off and your long undies showing "sleeping."
And now you understand why I can't share any photos with you, as desperately as I want to! I love my peeps more and want to be able to continue this annual tradition.

2 comments:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

Oh my! Sounds like I would fit right in!

Disgruntled Princess said...

OMG I am sure I know that friend...I'm not sure if it was the "face down" or long underwear that gave her away. You should have called me I would have been there in 10 minutes...with bells on.