Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Are you kidding me?



The Swine Flu is in Minnesota. Yay us. The governor had a lovely press conference this morning and advised us all that "there is cause for concern, but not panic." Why does everyone keep telling us not to panic, yet they are in our faces 24 hours a day about this damn flu? Will they tell us when it's time to panic? When one of my family members shows cold/flu-like symptoms, my 1st impulse is not to run to the doctor. How are we supposed to know the difference between a run-o-the-mill virus and this "possible pandemic?" I am just going to sit back and wait for it to show up in my kids' school, because for some reason I feel pretty certain that it will. There is a family in my neighborhood that just returned from visiting family in Mexico for the last month. Should I start wearing my surgical mask a-la Michael Jackson? Oh! And just an FYI, apparently we're supposed to be calling this the H1-N1 novel virus so as not to give our little piggy friends a bad rep. Whatever.

No comments: