Friday, February 19, 2010

Big Liar

Sure. I'll post more often. I'm glad no one was holding their breath! I've been having problems with my ankle again and have to have the new cyst (yep, that's right) needle-aspirated with ultra-sound guided by an interventional radiologist today. Sounds expensive, doesn't it? Hopefully the 4th time will be the charm....

Work is still going well, but many of the kids are VERY challenging. I get really frustrated because many of the behaviors we deal with have a district policy for the consequence that is not followed thru on. For example - a student threw a chair across the room this week, narrowly missing several classmates. Her consequence? One day in school suspension. Apparently they couldn't get a hold of her mother. So was she suspended the next day? Nope. She was back in school. Nice message we're sending there.

The kids talk back constantly which is one thing that makes me WILD. You ask or tell them to do something and they are right in your face "why do I got to do that?" or "man, I didn't do nothing, why you hating on me?" Nothing is ever their fault, they take absolutely NO responsibilty for their actions. Of course, this is not reflective of all the students, just a subset of problem children. Again, trace it all back to PPP - piss poor parenting. I feel like these are the kids that are running the school, not the good kids. The change needs to come from the top - principal. Hopefully next year when the boundaries are re-drawn and schools are switched around, the dynamic will change.

No comments: